I can advise you on your legal status or rights.

No. If you wish to instruct me under the Public Access Scheme you will need to be prepared to do at least some of the work that a solicitor would do before a case comes to me. So, you will need to be the person who is in direct contact with the other party and the court. I can advise you as to what to say to them, and even draft documents for you to send, but you will need to be prepared to carry out the administrative aspects of the matter. Many clients prefer this way of working not just because it saves them money, but also because it means that they retain control of the case, calling on me to assist as and when required.

No. I am an Employment Barrister. It may be that you have a case which has some connection with employment or with a dispute over a contract other than an employment contract, and I will consider acting in such cases on a case by case basis.
I carry out all the work I am instructed to do personally. No one else carries out work on my behalf.
No. As I carry out my work personally, there will be occasions when I am unavailable to you even on my work days, perhaps because I am in court on another case or with another client. I will let you know when I am able to carry out the work you would like me to do before you instruct me.
Yes. Often cases presented in person become more complicated once they get into the Tribunal, particularly if the other party has engaged legal representation.
Yes. Most parties do instruct barristers who are familiar with the way in which cases are decided to present their case in the best possible light, but there is no requirement to have a barrister at the Tribunal or court to represent you and indeed Employment Tribunals were set up to allow parties to represent themselves.
This website uses cookies and third party services. Ok